United Arab Emirates disclosed it would supply visas to all completely vaccinated visitors from Monday onwards. Emirates has proposed to increase the constancy of flights between Dubai and Kolkata as the stipulation skyrocket. Another airway FlyDubai has proposed to re-introduce the flights from September.
Relief for Flights and Tourists:
We expect Etihad will also recommence flights between Abu Dhabi and Kolkata. Indian counterparts like Indigo, SpiceJet, and Air India are also planning to announce their recommencement by the end of the week.
According to the travel transaction section, visas will be provided for those who are completely jabbed with one of the approved Covid-19 vaccines by the World Health Organisation not less than 14 days before travel. The vaccines that are approved by the World Health Organisation are AstraZeneca, Johnson, and Johnson, Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech, Sinopharm and Sinovac, Covishield, which is an Indian brand of AstraZeneca vaccine manufactured under the authorization in the country, that will be counted on by the travel agency. Meanwhile, people who have jabbed either Covaxin or Sputnik V may not travel to the UAE.
This announcement has brought adieu to the travel industry, as it had withdrawn active business in the past one and half years. The biggest destination for travelers after Bangkok is Dubai from Kolkata. As they still shut Thailand for travelers, there will be a cascade of traffic to Dubai. Although the UK and few other European countries are purchasing tourist visas, proceeding to Dubai will be less intricate as it is close by and it doesn’t require any quarantine.
Alternatively, the UAE is organizing many events for the next few months, counting the Dubai Expo 2020 trade fair, the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 in Dubai, Sharjah, and Muscat, and also the aborted IPL 2012 in Dubai.
The resumption of Dubai has come at the precise time. The Dubai Expo 2020 that will be held from October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022, is an international event that is carried once in four years. In 2020, they canceled it because of a pandemic. We expect that thousands of international business people will take part and experience a ravish independently.
Previously, the UAE put India on the red list, when the country was flowing from the tough second wave and that made it forbidden to travel to Emirates to restrain the escalation of the more fatal delta strain of the virus. Initially, Emirates opened the gate to those with tenancy permits, followed by the conveyance travelers. The movement trade community is hoping that the countries in South East Asia will also unveil a cognate scope to process the opening of their economies.
The announcement came within hours when the Indian civil aviation ministry announced its verdict of recommencing flights between India and Bangladesh. This news has already triggered turmoil among the health sector in Kolkata as they rely on the back-and-forth motions of the Bangladeshi patients.
- The UAE will provide tourist visas within two days of application
- Those who have taken two doses of Covishield are qualified to travel.
- Travelers have to take mandatory RT-PCR tests within 4 hrs of travelers and rapid PCR tests at the airport within six hours before traveling. On arrival at the destination, it is mandatory to take another RT-PCR test before entering the city.
- Additional test certificates like antibody tests, NHS Covid test certificates, Rapid PCR tests, and home testing kits are not secured in Dubai.
- Travelers must bring in official, digital, or printed certificates in English or Arabic to check in- SMS certificates are not accepted
- Digital Covid-19 documents can be required upon arrival at Dubai International Airport confirmation points.
- They cannot use certificates that have already been furnished for travel to another destination for re-entry, even if they still have a validity period.
- Presently, there are only three Emirates flights available for a week between Dubai and Kolkata. Then flights can be booked on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Still, the UAE brags as one of the world’s highest vaccination rates, as it holds upto 75% of the population as fully vaccinated citizens and 866% of the population that have taken one dose of the vaccination as per the latest report.
When the pandemic started, the UAE so far recorded about 715,000 cases of coronavirus infection, counting about 2.036 deaths.
Vaccination certificate verification:
Before leaving, visitors require to record in the Register Arrivals Section for the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) app, complete a register filing form and transmit an international vaccination certificate. Travelers will get an SMS including a link to download the Alhosn App.
Travelers will get a one-time password (OTP) to fulfill the Alhosn App registration process.
These tests are mandatory, and if they fail in these processes, they are liable to be fined.